What Changed My Mind About Best Bottoms

Disclaimer: This post contains an affiliate link. All other thoughts, opinions and ideas are my own.

When I was gearing up to cloth diaper this 2nd time around, I found myself intrigued with the All-in-Two system by Best Bottoms. No folding, no stuffing, just snap in an insert, put the diaper on the baby and go. Easy peasy. Plus the Best Bottoms diapers come in some of the most adorable colors and patterns.

Before little man was even born, I purchased a Best Bottoms starter set. The set came with 3 one-size covers and 9 small inserts. I wasn’t the least bit disappointed in the covers or the inserts. However, I felt completely frustrated with the “reusable” aspect of the AI2 diaper. No matter what I did, I just couldn’t get covers to stay clean enough to use a 2nd time. Especially with the EBF poo. It just ran all over the place.

So I packed those diapers up and called it quits. I considered selling them but never got around to it. Then a few weeks ago, they debuted their new super cute watermelon diaper for summer and I just really wanted one. I figured, what the heck, I could try them again and so I bought the cover and 6 large inserts.

BestBottoms1

Got the inserts all prepped up, popped in an insert into my Key Lime Pie cover and put it on the bum.

And I liked it.

Maybe I even loved it.

It has a great snug fit, the insert is super absorbent and since little man is now on solid foods, his messes are contained on the insert and not in the cover and leg gussets. Now that we can use the same cover for 2-3 changes, I really do see why people love the snap in AI2 systems.

The only thing that I would change about the Best Bottom diaper would be to add a little bit of width to the waist band. The wings of the diaper pull up a bit and the snaps roll into the skin of his little “buddha” belly. However, it isn’t a make or break issue and I look forward to adding more of these great diapers to my stash.

BestBottom2

Have you tried the Best Bottoms AI2? Did you like it? You can get this cute little diaper from Diaper Junction!

Comments

1. 1

Kayla DeLong says

I love how absorbent their inserts are too! I still have a problem with that runny poop with my 8 month old sometimes though. I love using bestbottoms when I have to pack a diaper bag because they take up so much less room than AIOs!

• 2

Melanie says

I want to try the natural fiber inserts and I agree about the poo issue. Sometimes they get messy but nothing like when he literally pooped every time he ate. I had to laugh about the diaper bag issue. I was out at the fair and going to change the baby in the stroller. I pulled out an insert and this older lady next to me gasped. She thought it was a maxi pad.

2. 3

Amanda Grayson says

Hey Mel!! I searched on diaper junction and couldn’t find them! :( Will it not come up if I search the name??

3. 4

Jodi Armstrong says

we do prefolds & covers & i love that you can reuse the cover a few times *unless big poop mess* i have been intrigued by best bottoms but the cost kept me from test driving them.

4. 7

Crystal McFatter says

I have been considering cloth for awhile. This was good info cause I wasn’t sure what kind to get. Thanks

5. 8

Anya N. says

I’ve seen these on a diaper swap site; I’ll be keeping my eyes peeled, hopefully I can snag a few pairs!

6. 9

Erin B. says

I love Best Bottoms! I even purchased a night time insert and paired with the microfiber large insert they do great even over night!

7. 10

Cindy Garcia says

Im glad for this review because every time I go into my local boutique here in Casselberry, Florida I eye the Best Bottoms. I have a potty trainer who uses cloth diapers at bedtime only and am contemplating buying a couple of these for her, then re-using for new baby when the time comes.

8. 11

Rachel says

That makes sense! I’m glad they are working for you now! It’s interesting how what works at one point might not work later and the opposite as well.

9. 12

Kadie says

We have a few diapers in our stash that I don’t love on my LO just yet. At 11 weeks, she has so many changes and stages to go through before she is out of diapers so I plan to hold on to them all and try them periodically. My husband suggested we sell but I can’t give them up when I know they may be just what we need in a month, or even a year!

10. 13

Kara s says

These are our favorite diapers. My son still has ebf poop but I kept careful track last week because I was planning on adding more of these to our stash and wanted to know his cover to insert ratio. It ended up being 2.5 for every cover, which seems pretty standard since they recommend 3 per cover.

11. 14

Bekah Kuczenski says

I have never tried Best Bottoms, but they look like a good diaper system! I love all of the prints and patterns that they come in.

12. 15

Jutta P. says

I seriously love the Best Bottom system! They work so well for us! I especially love using them over flats!

13. 16

Lauren B. says

We’re trying these too! I use the covers with flats and prefolds and find they fit pretty well.

14. 17

Judith Martinez says

That’s always been my issue with AI2s. I’m almost never able to reuse the covers so why not just stick with pockets.

15. 20

Sarah says

I’ve never tried and AI2 system before, this might just be my first! I love that you said they have the leg gussets and that they have a snug fit!

16. 21

Brianne says

always keep my eyes open for a review where the reviewer really seems happy with a cloth diaper. Another one to keep on the radar for the future.

Trackbacks