Disclosure: I receive the below mentioned products in exchange for this review. All opinions are mine and are not influenced by the sponsoring company.
Santa came early this year and he spoiled baby Ez with an amazing selection of VTech toys, perfect for ages 6 months to 36 months. When we first found out that Ez was Deaf, I tried really hard to find toys that did not require sound for participation. Little did I realize that the electronic toys with the bright lights and music were the toys that he would gravitate towards. Plus the music, songs and sounds help him to practice using his hearing aids and responding appropriately to noises in his environment.
For this fabulous review we were sent four of Vtech’s hottest toddler toys for this season. Before we could even get them out of the box, he was already exploring, learning and laughing.
VTech® Chomp & Count Dino™ (Age 12-36 months, MSRP: $19.99)
- Children can learn about colors, numbers and food with the adorable new Chomp & Count Dino. Simply place one of the eight brightly-colored play pieces in the dino’s mouth and watch as he eats and recognizes each piece.
- Play in either food or counting mode and the dino responds with rewarding sounds and phrases all while introducing colors, numbers, shapes and more. Press the question button and kids can answer the dino’s questions to show what they’ve learned.
- Five shape buttons help kids learn shapes and numbers, while spinning the disc on dino’s back will play sing-along songs. The dino can also be pushed or pulled by a string for even more fun melodies.
Review: Ez really likes the Chomp & Count Dino. I had to show him how to put the “food” in the dino’s mouth but once we did it a few times, he quickly figure it out. He likes to put a piece in and then immediately open the door to see if they are in there. Great for teaching object permanence. He also loves to pull the dino around on the string
VTech® Sit-to-Stand Smart Cruiser™ (Age 6-36 months, MSRP: $39.99)
- Cruise into the learning zone on the Sit-to-Stand Smart Cruiser. This 2-in-1 toy grows with children and transforms from a floor play toy with detachable steering wheel activity panel to an exciting ride-on toy.
- The interactive steering wheel features driving, learning and music modes with more than 80 songs, sounds and phrases that introduce animals, opposites and first words. Turn on the engine, move the gear shifter or press the horn to hear realistic driving sound effects.
- Children can pretend to drive to six different fun locations with arrow buttons teaching the concept of direction and road safety. Attach the steering wheel to the cruiser and it becomes a fun ride-on toy.
- The Sit-to-Stand Smart Cruiser also has a fun front activity panel and under seat storage children can fill with small toys for more fun on the go!
Review: Hands down the cruiser is a go to toy. I love how it sits lower to the ground, making it easier for him to climb on and off without just falling over. He likes the way the steering wheel turns and lights up. He also found the storage under the seat which instantly became a fun way to move toys around the house.
VTech® Grow-Along Music Center™ (Age 12-36 months, MSRP: $29.99)
- Children can pretend to be musicians and sing along to the music with the Grow-Along Music Center. As they sing into the microphone, five colorful lights correspond to children’s voices, or they can play with wacky voice-changing and amplifying effects.
- Rock out with three instrument buttons that play guitar, drum and saxophone sounds. Five animal piano keys introduce kids to instruments, colors and animals. Kids can choose between Learn & Play mode and Sing-Along mode to become learning super stars!
Review: Of all the toys we received, this probably wasn’t Ezra’s favorite. I am not sure if it is his hearing or that it doesn’t have any detachable components. All the other toys have an interactive feature. Something to sit on, put in, take out, etc. He did like the lighted keyboard and I could tell that he could hear it because he would push the buttons and smile but he hasn’t gravitated to it. My daughter (age 6) on the other hand, has been caught several times making a drum beat and making up songs.
VTech® Smart Shots Sports Center™ (Age 12-36 months, MSRP: $39.99)
- Parents can cheer on their little sports stars with the Smart Shots Sports Center. This electronic sports center features a soccer goal and basketball hoop for a fun 2-in-1 experience.
- Kick the soccer ball into the net to hear fun sounds or toss the basketball into the hoop and the magic sensor will count up to ten each time a basket is scored.
- Three buttons introduce shapes, numbers, opposites, sing-along songs and more. Turn the gears or flip the page to hear fun phrases and sounds. The sports center also features a light-up screen that plays a variety of fun animations and shows numbers, shapes and letters to reinforce learning.
Review: This is probably my favorite of the toys we reviewed. I love the bright light up screen and the numbers that flash big and bright. It is the perfect level for Ez to shoot baskets and he enjoys throwing the balls into the soccer net. He had a couple of good tournaments with his brother going on and it was fun to watch them play together. We haven’t developed the kicking skill yet but this will be a great way to stretch and teach that gross motor skill.
Overall: This is a phenomenal set of VTech learning toys. The perfect combination of early educational, fine motor and gross motor skills. Each toy is unique in songs and activities making it easy to buy more than one.
Giveaway: VTech is generously giving this ENTIRE set of toys to ONE lucky winner! Your Christmas shopping could be complete for just a few clicks! Enter not the RC form below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: The products mentioned in this review were provided by VTech. Sunshine Praises and supporting bloggers are not responsible for prize fullfillment. Giveaway will end on November 16th at 11:59pm and the winner notified via email.