Disclaimer: I received the below mentioned product through my affiliation with Moms Meet. To find out more about their programs, please visit www.greenmomsmeet.com
My family likes pop. I know, I know. Don’t start the lectures. I don’t keep it in the house but it is a treat that my kids are allowed to have when we eat out in restaurants. Not always but if they haven’t had any other “junk” that day, I don’t mind them ordering a caffeine free pop. Of course they also choose soda at parties and anywhere else they can get their grubby little hands on a can.
(Side Note: Do you say pop or soda?)
I am among the kind that believes that if I never allow such treats, that my kids will probably develop some strange TV reality show type addiction when they are in their 20s. Moderation seems to be the key parenting strategy when it comes to eating (or drinking) healthy.
For this review I was sent a case of organic Veri Soda in their 4 fabulous flavors; orange, ginger ale, cola and lemon-lime. I was challenged to get creative with the sodas but struggled a bit with how to use the coke in a non beverage way. Instead, we decided to bring the entire case with us to Easter dinner and share with the entire family. Lots of ages, lots of opinions.
So lets cut to the chase. Right out of the can, my taste buds needed a little time to get used to the Veri Soda. The natural flavors are smooth and soft yet it doesn’t have the same kick that your supermarket pop does. I do have to admit that while I liked all the flavors, I would enjoy a little more carbonation. The cola flavor reminds me of the soda that I drank while traveling in South America and across Europe. If I had to pick a favorite, it would definitely be the orange. It would be perfect with a little sparkling bubbly for a creative spin on a mimosa.
Just the Veri Soda Facts:
- Veri Soda uses only the best quality organic, non-GMO ingredients in their line of USDA NOP-certified organic soda.
- Veri is sweetened with organic fruit juice, organic cane sugar, and organic stevia to deliver a refreshing soft drink with only 60 calories per can. The drinks are lightly carbonated, allowing you to really taste the flavor. Plus, there’s no harsh sweetness or lingering after-taste like most zero-calorie sodas.
- Veri Sodas have a “low glycemic load,” meaning you won’t have a sugar spike (or the dreaded crash after!).
- All Veri Sodas are caffeine free.
- Veri Soda is available in four flavors: Veri Cola, Veri Lemon Lime, Veri Orange, and Veri Ginger Ale.
- Veri Soda is available at select stores nationwide, with a suggested retail price of $4.99 for a four-pack.
Overall, I really am glad that we had the chance to try Veri Soda. I really hope that we can make the switch from the “junk” brands and make better choices everyday.
Q: Have you tried Veri Soda before? Have you made the “soda” switch?
Disclaimer: I received this product for free from the sponsor of the Moms Meet program. May Media Group, LLC, who received directly from the manufacturer. My opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of May Media Group LLC or the manufacture of this product.