For those individuals reading our timeline here is something important to note, originally we had planned to adopt a child younger than our youngest and were expecting to be LID before being matched. We had been taking our time getting through the paper process, as we were in no hurry and wanted Ezra to be over the age of 2. Then in August, we found a beautiful child on the shared list and began pursing her.
Also, it is important to note that we are using both a placing agency (Madison) and a home study agency, which I believe has caused our process to go a bit slower than if we had just used one agency for everything.
- 04/07/2015 – Signed with Madison Adoption Agency (Placing Agency)
- 06/11/2015 – Signed with Family Adoption Consultants, Ohio (Home study Agency)
- 08/24/2015 – Sent Letter of Intent (LOI)
- 08/25/2015 – Pre-Approval Received (PA)
- 11/07/2015 – First Home Study Visit
- 11/13/2015 – Second & Third Home Study Visit
- 12/18/2015 – Fourth Home Study Visit
- 02/10/2016 – Home Study Approval
- 02/17/2016 – I-800a Sent via Federal Express
- 02/20/2016 – Request sent to CCCWA for our PA extension
- 02/22/2016 – I800a Lockbox Receipt
- 03/05/2016 – Fingerprinting Appointment Arrived
- 03/07/2016 – Walked in for Fingerprints
- 03/07/2016 – Ohio SOS for Authentications (10 Documents)
- 03/07/2016 – Mailed FL, TX and Utah SOS documents
- 04/04/2016 – i800a Approval
- 04/11/2016 – Papers to Caring Hands for Department of State and Chinese Embassy Approval
- 04/29/2016- DTC (Dossier to China)
- 05/11/2016 – Log in Date (LID) *officially logged in to China’s system
- 06/13/2016 – Letter of Approval (LOA)
- 07/06/2016 – 1800 Approval
- 07/13/2016 – NVC/RFD Cable
- 07/1/2016 – Article 5 Drop Off
- 08/01/2016 – Article 5 Pick Up
- 08/06/2016- TRAVEL Approval
- 08/09/2016 – Consulate Date Approved
- 09/01/2016 – LEAVE for China
- 09/05/2016 – FAMILY day! *Gotcha Day
We have officially announced our little darling… Please come read our post.
Hi there! Found you while searching for blogs of people adopting from China. We actually walked in this past Monday as well for our fingerprints and waiting for our approval right along with you!
Rebecca k says
Deborah D says
I knew adoption was a long process but never dreamed it was this long.